The purpose of this assignment is to: (a) identify and reflect upon key concepts related to your policymaker visit (CO #3); (b) provide empirical evidence to support new insights gained regarding your policy issue and the policymaking process (CO #6); and (c) present ideas in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner (CO #3).
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
(CO#1) Analyze application of theories to the development of policies that affect nursing and health care. (PO 9, 10)
(CO#3) Communicate with policymakers to advocate for effective policies that affect nurses and nursing, consumers, or the health care system. (PO 2, 3, 10)
(CO#6) Investigate the interrelationship between policy decisions and evidence-based practice. (PO 4, 7 10)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 7
Total Points: 275 points
Assignment Criteria for Presentation
1. Describe your visit, including any PowerPoint presentation materials that you utilized during your policymaker visit. Limit these slides to five slides in this project (of the 15 total slides).
2. Discuss the response of the policymaker to your message/ask/recommendation(s).
3. Reflect on the process, follow-up plans, insights gained about the issue and process, and support with evidence.
4. Describe possible future opportunities as a result of this meeting and their importance to nursing.
5. Provide concluding statements summarizing the content.
6. Develop a 15-slide PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes in APA format, not including title and reference slides. Write speaker notes sufficient enough to enable someone to take over or give the presentation other than you.
After completing Policymaker Visit Ungraded Worksheet 3, develop an electronic presentation to describe, analyze, and reflect upon your policymaking visit. Include 5 slides from the PowerPoint presentation that you would have used during an actual policymaker visit. Include a minimum of five (5) classic or current references within the past 5 years that specifically support insights gained regarding your policy issue and the policymaking process.
The visit is ABT ACCESS TO HEALTH CARE